PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice, we are not accepting new articles.
Submit Your Article to The Original Source!
We only accept completely unique and original articles in this directory. Our stories come from a variety of authors who contribute their own content in exchange for a few links at the bottom of their articles. Each article aims to give useful information and not fluff. This article directory’s goal is to provide useful, high quality articles with information that you will want to pass on to others.
Here’s a good article regarding some guidelines on guest blogging that you might want to check out. We may not accept all articles. Spun articles are not allowed and we do check all posts with Copyscape.
Here are a few, interesting articles that you might want to read before submitting content here (and these articles aren’t what you think):
Why Blogs that Allow Guest Posts Will Be Penalized in 2013 (problogger.net)
11 Reasons Link Building Is A Futile Waste Of Time — And One Big Reason It Isn’t (searchengineland.com)
To Submit an Article:
If you feel you can meet and exceed our standards, then we would love for you to submit a sample article to us. You can email it to us here: info[at]theoriginalsource.com and if it’s accepted, then you will be given an account where you will find that accepted article and submit more to us.
Article Requirements / Guidelines (600+ Words):
- It must be original content (not published anywhere else). It must pass the filters at Copyscape.
- Your article should also follow Google’s guidelines for high quality content.
- Correct spelling and grammar (see our annoyance below, too).
- American English.
- Be at least 600 words (not including the title). Articles of 700+ words are appreciated.
- Your keyword can only appear once every 100 words. Having 1-2 links per article is pretty common.
- Use numbered or bulleted lists when you can.
- Only 1 space after a period, not two – we’re not using a mono-spaced font (which is the rule – also we find that people who think that two spaces after a period is correct often aren’t consistent at it anyway).
- Do not specify a font or paragraph alignment (for example, do not fully justify paragraphs).
- Article titles should have the first letter of each word capitalized except for smaller words like: and, a, an, the, for and so on. We may adjust your title.
- Bold and italics can be used in moderation. Do not have any underlined words. The less formatting, the better.
- The article must provide useful information that solves a problem or answers a question.
Penguin Update: Per how Google seems to want articles now, it is better to not link keywords in your article but instead put a link to your web page at the end of the article in what some other websites call a “Resource Box” which might look a bit like this:
Tony writes useful information about writing articles at his website, TheOriginalSource.com. You can really learn a lot about this topic if you do research. If you would like to contact him or find our more about this topic, please visit that website for more info.
Be an Article Contributor
We also do, occasionally, set up authors as Contributors if they can prove that they submit quality articles to us. This allows you to login to our system and post articles to our site that we approve. You must first submit a few articles to us on a trial basis. If those are good, you can ask to become an Article Contributor.
Why Submit Article to Us?
This website is actively being promoted. It is also regularly crawled by major search engines. We feel that if you submit quality content to us, you will benefit from it. Our motto is, “you only get out of something what you put into it” and we think it’s very true.
Article Submission Cost
To submit an article to The Original Source is free. It must be original and pass the filters at Copyscape.
After Articles Have Been Posted
Once articles have been accepted by our editorial staff and have been posted, we will send you a link to your article. We encourage you to then share the article in your social networks to get maximum exposure. You can even build some good links to these articles as well, that’s fine.
Interested in Being Able to Easily Submit Articles to Lots of Websites?
Get your articles submitted to many websites (including this one) with one membership – it’s free to join. You get access to this website and thousands of other websites just like it. Find out more now (opens in new window).
Tips on Writing Articles
Below are some tips – these are not requirements, just good advice:
- Provide some great information that takes a little research. This is what people are looking for when they search. Answer a question that people have or provide a solution to something.
- Put a little extra time into it. There are tons of articles out there about your topic. If you’re just doing the minimum, then you’re just like everyone else. Make your work stand out and it will – pretty easily, probably. An extra 5 minutes on an article can do wonders and you reap the benefits forever, essentially.
- Use short, structured paragraphs. Seeing 500 words in two, large paragraphs is not very inviting. People don’t want to read books on the Web – they’re searching for something. Break things up into chunks so that what they’re looking for is easy to find.
- Use headlines above your paragraphs so that that the article is very scannable.
- Use bulleted lists and numbered lists where applicable. People read them – like right now!
- Don’t overuse keywords. Use your main keyword 1-2 times in the article but also include 3-4 related keywords in your article. On the opposite side of things, please don’t use words like “these” too many times. What you write should be natural and sound natural when read aloud.
- When the article is published, point some links to your article here on this site (social bookmark them). Each page on the Web basically starts as a PR 0. On some sites, it’s harder to make a page a PR 1 or 2 or 3 but on other sites (hintity, hint, hint – sites like this that have some authority with search engines), it’s easier. So why not do it?
Important Note: If you submit a good article to us, we’ll promote it even more. We watch the stats and know which ones are doing well. It’s to your advantage to submit the best article that you can.
Stuff That Annoys Us a bit:
Below are some tips – these are not requirements.
- There’s no such word as “afterwards” – use either “afterwords” or “afterward.”
- It’s “ambiance,” not “ambience.”
- It’s “definitely,” not “definately.”
- It’s “etc.” not “ect.”
- “These” – Don’t use the word “these” too much by itself. We’d prefer “they” since “these” just tends to be used too much (“these what?”)
- “Nowadays” – How about not starting your article with the word “nowadays” – how about that idea? What an instant turnoff or indicator that it’s going to be a lame article with no real material (meat) in it. If we see that word, we might flat out reject your article.
- Please spell check. Please! It’s easy to do. Sometimes your misspelled words get past us, so why take that chance and have a poor quality article out there? Be professional about your business.
- The two spaces after a period thing. That’s very old school and does not apply anymore. It only applies when using a mono spaced font, like Courier. Most websites don’t use that font, so you do not need to have two spaces after a period. Get out of that habit. It looks like your article has holes in it.
- Please watch your capitalization of the keywords you have linked. Do capitalization rules apply to them? We get people who don’t capitalize things like abbreviations in their linked text when they should be and people who capitalize all their keywords when they are, in fact, not proper nouns – people just think they’re important words, which does not mean they should be capitalized. Here are some good capitalization rules for your reference. (See how I did that? I wrote the text like it normally should be and then linked it instead of pasting in the capitalized keywords where other text used to be – it should be natural).
- More common English mistakes.
Our Network of Article Websites
Here’s a list of other websites in our network of quality content article/news websites that you might enjoy or want to submit an article to:
- Ezine Article Hub – General articles
- Your Online Info – General articles
- Urban Soap Box – General articles
- Consumer Review Source – General articles
- Postrata News – General articles
- Love to Ski and Ride – Skiing related
- Where to Get Quick Cash – Finances and payday loans
- Dishwasher Detergent Problems – Dishwasher related
- Free Cell Phones - Cell phone related
These guidelines apply for these websites as well. When you submit your article, please specify which website you would like it to appear on. This website, The Original Source, does get the most traffic and has good authority.Incoming Searches:
- adsorption submit an article