800 Phone Number Keeps Calling Me
The “800 Service” and “Unavailable Number” Calls Me All the Time
There’s a number that keeps calling our phone and the caller ID just says “800 Service” or “Unavailable Number.” When we pick it up, there is nobody there. I was wondering how to block these calls. Some people think this is an automated call service or phone marketers or something. Others think it’s a scam.
Here is what I found out along with some tips to get the 800 phone number to stop calling you:
- If someone does answer (sometimes you have to wait), nicely ask to be taken off the call list and they will have to do that.
- Try to call the number back and see if you can get removed.
- Block the number with your phone (iPhone). Click on the “i” (info) for the call and then scroll down and block that number.
- If your phone can’t block numbers, then create a new contact called “Spam” and then keep adding numbers to that contact. With that contact, set a ringtone that has no noise or turn off the ringers and alerts for that call.
- If you have a residential phone number, then register to get your phone number off of telemarketing lists by going to www.donotcall.gov (or call 1-888-382-1222) – the National Do Not Call Registry.
- You can get something called the TeleZapper™ which is a caller ID blocker that will block these kinds of calls so that you don’t even have to answer them anymore.
- Get another call screening or call blocking service. Check with your telephone service provider.
- Many of these new Internet phone services (think Vonage) offer some online phone management tools. Check to see if they have the option to block certain phone numbers.
- Just don’t answer an 800 phone number.
Video About Stopping Harassing Calls
Here’s a video explaining how to deal with spam phone calls.
Got Any More Tips?
Let us know if you have any more tips to stop 800 service calls. Leave them in the comments section below.
- 800 service calls
- 800 service
- 800 service scam calls